PowerX is on a mission to put money back in people's pockets and less carbon in the air.
We're a climate-tech startup that has developed a series of innovative, non-invasive sensors and cutting-edge software that gives homeowners and property managers real-time, actionable data to reduce their electricity and gas usage, water consumption, and carbon emissions.
But wait, there’s more! Our sensors can convert water heaters into thermal batteries, creating the world’s largest distributed battery network. Adding resilience to power grids and building capacity for renewable energy.
PowerX recently closed an oversubscribed Seed round and is backed by some of the world's most respected venture funds and angels including Y Combinator, Spring Tide Capital, Antler, and senior executives from Tesla, SpaceX, and Hyperloop!
The ideal candidate will be excited about building PowerX's data infrastructure. You'll work cross functionally and touch nearly every aspect of the organization. As an early member of the team, you will have significant exposure to the leadership team and have tremendous room for growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Who we're looking for:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with data streams (ideally AWS Kinesis, Spark-Streaming, and AWS Timestream).
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Experience with big data tools: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with a data pipeline and workflow management tool: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, AWS Step Functions etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis or the equivalent on another cloud platform
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Compensation and Benefits Package offered to employees:
- Competitive salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including health, vision, dental, and more
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work