Building Systems Consultant
PowerX is on a mission to save people money and drastically reduce carbon emissions.
We're a climate-tech startup that has developed a SaaS and sensor solution for property managers that provides actionable data to reduce their electricity and gas usage, water consumption, and carbon emissions. Our software either integrates directly with an existing building management system or can be paired with our innovative, non-invasive, patented sensors.
We recently closed an oversubscribed Seed round and is backed by some of the world's most respected venture funds and angels including Y Combinator, Spring Tide Capital, Antler, and senior executives from Tesla, SpaceX, and Hyperloop!
We help put more money in people's pockets, and less carbon in the air.
PowerX is looking for a talented building systems consultant to help build our enterprise offering on a contract basis. Our ideal candidate will be an expert in building systems and energy efficiency, has deep understanding and experience evaluating and implementing sustainability strategies and products, understands utility data, and has a fantastic track record of client interactions.
What you'll be doing:
- Help us build our SaaS platform from the ground up.
- Work directly with clients to determine and implement the best PowerX solution and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Coordinate with our software and engineering teams to drive improvement across our product range and help design new solutions
Whom we're looking for:
- 2-5 years of direct engineering experience implementing new building systems and sustainability enhancements.
- Deep understanding of building manager’s needs.
- Expert level knowledge of building HVAC, Electrical, Water and other systems
- LEED and other sustainability certifications
- Knowledge of Python or basic coding a plus!
- Passion for making the built environment more efficient
- Excellent communications skills
- Comfort with an early stage fast-paced start-up environment where you'll be building processes and products as we go
Our expectation is this position transitions to a full time roll sometime in the Fall.
PowerX is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Compensation and Benefits Package offered to employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience